Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find an answer below? Don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- Delivery times will vary based on the size of the order, product availability and distance from our warehouse to your home or job site.
- Orders are shipped Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm (EST), excluding all major holidays.
- All in-stock orders require 2-3 business days for processing. Items that are not in stock, or require drop-shipment from a supplier, may incur further processing time.
- If the grate is not already in stock, Baked on Oil Finish (BoOF) grates may take 2-3 weeks to ship due to the time needed for the BoOF process.
We have a variety of package and freight carriers we work with. The size of your order will dictate which carrier we use. Some orders may take several boxes due to the size or weight of what you purchased. Weight and Dimensions shown under the Additional Information tab on any product are for shipping purposes – not actual product specifications. We pack your order in the best manner to assure safe delivery to your home or job site.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to shipping costs:
- Several kits we sell are over 4ft long. Mini Channel Kits are 6ft long. Micro Channel Kits are 5ft long.
- Cast iron and bronze grates are HEAVY. Our 5″ driveway drainage cast iron grates weigh approximately 10lbs. each!
- Many times we need to ship your order in multiple boxes – especially heavy grates. This also increases shipping costs. We try to keep the weight of our boxes under 60lbs.
You may return items within 30 days from the date of purchase. Contact TDS to express your intent to return items. An RMA will be issued for your order with shipping instructions.
Systems that are manufactured to specification or considered to be custom cannot be returned and are not eligible for a refund. Additionally, any closeout items purchased cannot be returned.
If it is the original manufacturer’s policy to refuse returns on specific products, Trench Drain Systems will comply with their return policy as well.
Shipment costs for returns are evaluated based upon the situation. For example, if an order is shipped incorrectly, the shipping cost is incurred internally. If the product is unwanted a 25% restocking fee and shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. In the event of the receipt of damaged product, follow the steps below and ensure that TDS is contacted within 48 hours of delivery. TDS will file a claim on behalf of the customer.
TDS will not accept returned merchandise without prior authorization or a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Returns received without authorization will not be processed for refund or exchange. Customers must contact TDS within 30 days of the receipt of the package to our facilities to have an RMA issued to initiate a refund or exchange. After such time, the product will be returned to stock. Trench Drain Systems is not responsible for contacting the customer to initiate a return or exchange for goods received.
All returns will be subject to inspection for evidence of improper installation (if applicable), damage or modification. Items showing such evidence will not be eligible for a refund.
We do our very best when packing your order to assure it arrives safely.
- Customers are responsible for inspecting orders upon delivery. Any items that are signed for as received in good condition, and then later reported as short or damaged, will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you receive a damaged shipment:
- Accept the shipment. Do not refuse or return it.
- Note the damage on the delivery receipt (if shipped by truck) or with the driver (for UPS/FedEx parcels). Keep a copy of the document with the damage noted.
- If you think there is damage, but cannot tell how much, write a note such as “1 box crushed, damage subject to further inspection”.
- Take photos of the pallet/box before unpacking it.
- Keep all boxes and packing materials until the claim is settled, they may be needed for an inspection.
- Contact TDS with the details of the damage within 48 hours. TDS will file a damage claim on the customer’s behalf.
All wrong shipments or incorrect items must be reported to DrainageKits.com within two (2) business days (48 hours) of delivery. Customer Service will arrange for pick-up of goods from customer. All incorrect items will be corrected to customer specifications.