Fiberglass FRP kit with High Load Capacity (HLC) grate(s) and the EZ frame create an excellent system for impact resistance. This kit allows a custom concrete poured trench to be built using the frame shape as the kit’s anchoring system, locking the frame into the concrete pour. The grates are manufactured with layers of resin and fiberglass strands to create better traction than metal bar grating. This kit, when properly installed, has a load class C traffic rating.
Kit includes grate(s), locking devices (4 per grate) and frame rails. Actual grate width is 14.33 inches, not including frame rails.
Kits are supplied in 4ft and 8ft sections.
Benefits of Fiberglass HLC Mesh Grate:
- Corrosion resistance
- Impact resistance
- Non-slip grit traction layer
- Load class C rating*
- Grate open area of 48%
- Grate openings 0.57″ x1.67″ (1″x2″)
- Grate depth 1.5″
Ideal Applications for FGK-HLC-EZ Fiberglass Kit:
- Curb sides and highway shoulders
- Parking areas
- Chemical & hygiene
- Food processing & restaurants
* Load class ratings for entire systems will always be determined by the lowest class within the system. For example, if the channel is rated as a C and the grate is rated as a D, the overall system will be rated as load class C. The same is true should the channel be rated as load class C and the grates are rated as load class A; the system as a whole would be rated as load class A.